Easy Slow-Cooker Beef Chili
This comfort food classic is chock-full of beef, beans, warm spices, and rich tomato flavor. Serve with fresh baked Mini Corn Bread Loaves from Bethy's Bakery. A customer favorite, they're the perfect partner alongside this hearty dish.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 hrs. 10 minutes
Total Time: 3 hrs. 25 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. Stew's 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lbs. Stew's Naked Beef Ground Round, 90% Lean
- 1 medium White Onion, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Stew's Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Stew's Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Stew's Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Frank's RedHot Sauce
- 1 cup Stew's Organic Beef Broth
- 2 cans Stew's Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans SMT Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 jar Tomato Sauce
- Stew's Kosher Salt, to taste
- Stew's Fine Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Stew's Sour Cream
- Stew's Yellow Cheddar Cheese, grated, to taste
- Fresh Scallions, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, sliced
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once oil is hot and shimmering, add the ground beef. Cook for 5-7 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon until cooked and crumbled.
Add the onion, garlic, and spices and cook about 3 minutes more. Stir in the hot sauce (if using) and beef broth. Scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.
Transfer skillet mixture to a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the beans, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally, or set to low for 6-8 hours.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve topped with sour cream, grated Cheddar, fresh scallions, and jalapeno slices.