Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
Marinated in a teriyaki-style sauce that uses pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic, ketchup, and ginger, this recipe for huli huli chicken (huli means “turn” in Hawaiian) works beautifully with any cut of chicken.
Prep Time: 3 hours
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours 40 minutes
- 2 lbs. Stew’s Naked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup Stew’s Organic Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup Stew’s Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tsp. Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1-1/2 tsp. Stew’s Freshly Chopped Garlic
- Pinch Salt
- Stew’s Super Sweet Cored Pineapples
Stir together pineapple juice, broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, ginger, garlic, and salt in a medium bowl. Reserve 1 cup marinade for brushing.
Place chicken in a large bowl and pour over the remaining marinade. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade in bowl.
Preheat grill to medium (350°F – 400°F). Place chicken on oiled grates; grill, turning occasionally and a meat thermometer registers 160°F, about 25 to 35 minutes.
Transfer chicken to a platter. Baste pineapple slices with the reserved marinade; place on oiled grates, and grill, uncovered, until grill marks appear, about 4 minutes per side.
Place pineapple slices on top of the chicken and brush all with remaining marinade.