Grilled Lobster Tails with Lemon-Herb Butter
Here’s an easy recipe that will show you how to grill perfect lobster tails every time. Be sure to slather the lobster meat with the homemade lemon-herb butter while grilling for the best flavor imaginable.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Andrew Wilkinson, North Coast Seafood
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- (4) 4 oz. Stew's Lobster Tails, thawed if frozen
- Stew's Avocado Oil
- Stew's Kosher Salt, to taste
- Stew's Fine Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 stick Stew's Salted Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Stew's Freshly Chopped Garlic
- 1/2 Lemon, zest, and juice
- Fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- Fresh Tarragon Leaves, chopped
- 2 Lemons, cut into wedges for serving
Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat your gas grill to medium-high heat (375°F) and scrape clean.
- Prepare the lobster tails by using kitchen shears to cut through the top of the shell lengthwise, splitting the tail in half down the middle. Press the split lobster tail down flat on a cutting board and cut the tail completely in half with a large “chefs” knife.
- Gently detach the meat from the shell to expose the meat then lay back down in the shell. This is to ensure the lobster tail will not stick to the shell once grilled.
- Pat lobster tails dry with paper towels, brush with avocado oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small pot, mix the butter, garlic, lemon zest and juice, parsley, tarragon, and salt and pepper, to taste. This can be done on the grill, as well.
- Place the lobster tails meat side down on the preheated grill. Grill for about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the tails over, shell side down, and brush the herb butter generously over the meat, making sure to get some into the shell as well.
- Close the grill lid and continue to cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the lobster meat is opaque and firm.
- Remove the lobster tails from the grill and transfer them to a serving platter. Allow them to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Brush the grilled lobster tails with more herb butter.
- Serve the grilled lobster tails with the lemon wedges on the side to squeeze over the meat before eating. You can also serve them with extra melted butter for dipping, if desired.