Harvest Pumpkin Chili
Hearty pumpkin and spice chili on a cold day is the perfect comfort food to feed a family.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Stew's 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Stew's Naked Ground Turkey
- 1 small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 heaping Tbsp. Stew's Freshly Chopped Garlic
- 1 Green Pepper, diced
- 1 small Sweet Potato, diced
- 15-ounce can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 28-ounce can SMT Diced Tomatoes
- 16 ounces Stew's Simply Italian Marinara Sauce
- 15-ounce can Stew's Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 15-ounce can Stew's Cannellini Beans or Stew's Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water or Stew's Organic Vegetable Broth
- 2 tablespoons Stew's Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Stew's Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon Stew's Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Stew's Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Stew's Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Stew's Kosher Salt
- For serving: Stew's Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Stew's Sour Cream, sliced Green Onions, Stew's Sweet Potato or Multigrain Tortilla Chips
In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and let brown slightly. Then add the onion, garlic, green pepper, and sweet potato, and cook for 8 - 10 minutes until the onion is translucent and the sweet potatoes are almost tender.
- Add the pumpkin puree, diced tomatoes and their juices, tomato sauce, drained and rinsed beans, water or vegetable broth, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cinnamon, and kosher salt.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 -20 minutes until the sweet potato is tender.
- Taste and add a few pinches of kosher salt if desired. Serve warm, garnished with your favorite chili toppings.