Our Famous Filet Mignon With Garlic
When Stew visited Kansas his rancher friends were eager to tell him about their favorite steak recipes. Here is one of our favorites! The garlic browns on the outside of the beef and gives it a very special flavor.
Servings: 8 to 10
Prep Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
- 1 Whole Filet Mignon, trimmed by our butchers
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 Stew's Chopped Garlic
- 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oils
- Chop the garlic and mix it with the olive oil.
- Make small slits around the filet and generously rub the garlic over the filet.
- Cover the tenderloin with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Preheat the oven to 500°f.
- Remove the plastic wrap and season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Place the filet in a roasting pan and cook for 15 minutes. (This gives you a nice crust on the outside.)
- Reduce the heat to 450°f. Continue cooking for another 15 to 20 minutes. Slice into the steak to check for desired doneness, or use an instant-read thermometer (140°f to 150°f is medium-rare).
- Let the beef rest for 10 minutes before slicing.