Pan-Seared Cod with Lemon Butter Sauce
Feel free to replace the cod tenderloin with monkfish fillets for another delicious take on this recipe!
Super easy to make and delicious, the fish is topped with the perfect combination of butter, lemon, and garlic that all come together in a quick pan sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium Lemon, cut half into thin slices
- 4 (4-6oz.) Cod Tenderloins or Monkfish Fillets
- Stew's Kosher Salt
- Stew's Fine Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Stew's 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Stew's Chopped Garlic
- 4 Tbsp. cold Stew's Unsalted Butter, cut into 4 slices
- 1 Tbsp. coarsely chopped Fresh Parsley leaves
Pat the fish dry with paper towels and season both sides with the salt and the pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the fish and let cook until well browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook about 4 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Carefully wipe the pan with a wad of paper towels. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the butter, sliced lemons, garlic, and juice from the remaining half of lemon.
- Once warmed through, pour over the fish, sprinkle with the chopped parsley, and serve immediately